The MySQL Connect 2012 conference event being held in San Francisco on Sep 29-30 has a long list of quality MySQL speakers including myself. I will be giving 2 presentations on:
CON8322 – Lessons from Managing 500+ MySQL Instances
In this presentation, learn about the issues of managing a large number of instances of MySQL, supporting 50 billion SQL statements per day. Topics covered:
• The need for monitoring and instrumentation
• How to automate installations, upgrades, and deployments
• Issues with MySQL’s Replication feature with 300 slaves per master
• Traffic minimization techniques
• Creating high availability with regions and zones
• Real-time traffic stats (aggregated every five seconds)
CON8320 – Improving Performance with Better Indexes
Learn how to use one simple advanced technique to make better indexes in MySQL and improve your queries by 500 percent or more. Even with a highly indexed schema, you can achieve significant improvements in performance by creating better indexes. This presentation introduces an approach to correct identification and verification of problem SQL statements and then describes the means of identifying index choices for optimization. Then it discusses not only how to apply indexes to improve query performance but also how to apply better indexes and provide even greater performance gains.
You can also read more information with my Interview about MySQL Connect.