Gary Vaynerchuk spoke next at Web 2.0 NY on Building Personal Brand Within the Social Media Landscape.
His talk was simply “Patience and Passion”.
Words of wisdom included.
- There is no reason to do stuff you hate.
- You can loose just as much money doing stuff you love.
- What do you want to do for the rest of my life, do it.
- Hussle is the most important word. We are building businesses here.
- You can monetize anything, you need to work hard, be patient and passionate about your business.
- You have to have a business model, that makes some cash along the way – Freemium.
- Your goal should be to leave a legacy.
- You need to build brand equity, in yourself. There is never a bad time when you believe, when you work hard, when you know what you are doing.
- People are the people that are going to help you, get out there and network, be transparent, be exposed.
- Previously you had to work hard to build a brand, now you can use any network to become known and more successful.
- 9-5 is for your job, a few hours with your family, then 7-2am is plenty of time to focus on your dreams.
In closing, you have to do what you love.