This month will see the release of the book Expert PHP and MySQL which I was a co-author of. Initially this will be available for purchase in PDF format from the Wrox website and I am hopeful this will be available in print format for the MySQL Users Conference.
More then just your standard PHP and MySQL there is detailed content on technologies including Memcached, Sphinx, Gearman, MySQL UDFs and PHP extensions. We will be posting more information at www.ExpertPhpandMySQL.com. You can download a PDF version of Chapter 1 Techniques Every Expert Programmer Needs to Know.
The book includes the following content:
- Techniques Every Expert Programmer Needs to Know
- Advanced PHP Constructs
- MySQL Drivers and Storage Engines
- Improved Performance through Caching
- Memcached MySQL
- Advanced MySQL
- Extending MySQL with User-defined Functions
- Writing PHP Extensions
- Full Text Search using SPHINX
- Multi-tasking in PHP and MySQL
- Rewrite Rules
- User Authentication with PHP and MySQL
- Understanding the INFORMATION_SCHEMA
- Service and Command Lines
- Optimization and Debugging
Shlomi Noach says
Sounds like a very interesting read!
Congratulations and good luck!
Chris Barber says
This book looks awesome! There is definitely a shortage on “expert” class PHP/MySQL books.
Giuseppe Maxia says
Roland Bouman says
Woot! congrats, Ronald
Book is covering almost every aspect of web application development using PHP and MySQL.
Carsten Pedersen says
Had a read through the sample chapter, this is really excellent stuff. There should be a big market for this one.
Ulf Wendel says
Please, please tell me that you do not have a single reference to ext/mysql in that book!