I’ve added Digg to my general lunch time reading web sites. I came across this yesterday. Microsoft invites Firefox development team to Redmond.
Well, isn’t that nice, the big boy opening his pond (including all the sharks) to the little fish. (if you don’t get it, it’s a line from Die Hard 2 about pissing in somebody else’s pond) What’s funny about the article is not the article but some of the comments, here are but a few.
- Cool. Very cool.
- they’re going to brainwash them into working for microsoft and their going to cast off the IE team to replace the firefox team
- Just replace IE 7 with FF 2.0. Save every web developer 100s of hours.
- “Come into my parlour,” said the spider to the fly
- DON’T DO IT! My god, has noone seen Braveheart? The Untouchables? The Godfather? Scarface?
- hey’re going to kidnap the Mozilla developers with a cunning trail of pizza and cola, and force them to work on IE8.
- ITS A TRAP! http://itsatrap.ytmnd.com/
I like the last one, maybe just because of the cool picture on referenced site.
I see today an official response Firefox welcomes Microsoft’s offer of help