Here are some of the key points that impressed on me.
“The Participatory & Disruptive spirit of the Dolphin.”.
Open Source disrupts inefficient models and produces new wealth.
Architecture of Participation.
- GPL and FOSS licenses
MySQL Architecture of Participation
You have the forge, the planet, community contributer program and many more.
Production of Amateurs
- You Tube
- Second Life
Some really great Quotes:
“Fail often to succeed soon.” IDEO company slogan
“Noah’s Ark was built by amateurs, but the Titanic by professionals.”
Innovation Happens Here
MySQL Monitoring & Advisory Service
In his presentation of MySQL Network Enterprise Dashboard, If you were quick you would have noticed the MySQL Version 6.0.0-alpha-pb518.log
- Open Source ISVs
- Web 2.0
- Telco & VOIP
- Enterptise 2.0
- Hub & Spoke
We want to be known as The Online Database.
Drawn to the Lamp
They all have an Open Source strategy, the develop open source products, they use and partner with MySQL.
He also mentioned MySQL Enterprise Connection Alliance – MECA.
Global Distributed Organization
- 70% work from home
- 100 major locations in nearly 30 different countries.
- There is a great focus on culture – global culture.
- A smarter way to produce the goods
- A smarter way to distribute them
- Serve the underserved
- Keep it simple
- Innovate with technology to give customers more convenience
- Make money
- Gartner: 66% of enterprises are deploying MySQL or planning to
- 750,000 newsletter subscribers
- MySQL installed in over 11 million installations