This is one of the MySQL presentations I’m doing on the OTN LAD Tour in South America, starting today in Lima, Peru.
MySQL Best Practices for DBAs and Developers
Learn the right techniques to maximize your investment in MySQL by knowing the best practices for DBAs and Developers. Understand what subtle differences between MySQL and other RDBMS products are essential to understand in order to maximize the benefits and strengths of MySQL. We will be covering areas including the minimum MySQL configuration, ideal SQL, MySQL security and schema optimizations.
- MySQL Configuration default settings including SQL_MODE
- Documenting, formatting and future proofing your SQL
- Developing and reviewing all SQL paths
- MySQL physical and user security
- The best schema optimizations
- Essential Monitoring and Instrumentation
- The locking essentials for different storage engines
- Managing your Disk I/O with optimal storage and access