Following the opening keynote “Dolphins, now and beyond”, Marc Delisle presented on “State of phpMyAdmin”.
phpMyAdmin is an DBA administration tool for MySQL available today in 57 different languages. This is found today in many distributions, LAMP stack products and also in cpanel. The product is found at http://phpmyadmin.net.
There are current two versions, the legacy 2.x version to support older php 3.x & 4.x, The current version 3.x is for PHP 5.2 or greater.
The current UI includes some new features including.
- calendar input for date fields
- meta data for mime types e.g images, which is great for showing the output as an image, otherwise blob data
- Relational designer with the able to show and create foreign keys
The New features in 3.3 (currently in beta) include:
- Replication support including configuring master/slave, start/stop slave.
- Synchronization model showing structure and data differences between two servers and ability to sync.
- New export to php array, xslx, mediawiki, new importing features including progress bar.
- Changes tracking for changes on per instance or per table. Providing change report and export options.
FOSDEM 2010 MySQL Developer Room Schedule
FOSDEM 2010 Website
February 7, 2010