My purchase yesterday was a HP Pavilion p6340f Desktop PC with the following specs.
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz Processor
- 4MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB
- 8GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM (4 x 2GB)
- 1TB Serial ATA Hard Drive
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 with 32MB Integrated shared graphics memory
- Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Network interface
- Wireless LAN 802.11 a/b/g/n
The purchase price $749+tax which was more then B&H at $699 but not being open Friday nights, B&H it’s your loss. There is also a P6320 model with AMD Phenom II X4 820 2.80GHz processor and NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Graphics for the same price, it was a tough decision.
I’m not trilled with the HP part having not enjoyed experiences with HP servers and Compaq desktops, however time will tell.
[…] MySQL Expert Ronald Bradford shares valuable input in MySQL Performance Tuning, MySQL Scalability and general MySQL Help from his two decades of working with MySQL, Oracle, Ingres and development technologies. « New linux desktop configuration […]