The Oracle Developer Tools User Group (ODTUG) has joined forces with the MySQL community to provide a valuable source of MYSQL information for the Oracle DBA and developer community.
ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2010
This year's Kaleidoscope 2010 will feature a dedicated MySQL track for the 4 days of the conference (Monday June 28 - Thursday July 1). We have a dozen MySQL community speakers presenting 16 sessions and a 1/2 day Master Class. Our speakers include 4 book authors (5 books in total) and many that have spoken at multiple MySQL conferences and related MySQL events.
Two Oracle MySQL ACE Directors (Ronald Bradford and Sheeri K Cabral) will also be involved in the Sundown Sessions on Monday night. ODTUG has invited members of the MySQL Community who are in the DC area to attended this event for FREE, and also join the ODTUG attendees and fellow MySQL community for the following OTN sponsored reception. We are requesting attendees notify us with name and email so we can have an indication of numbers.
UPDATE Get 50% of registration. This is a special offer for MySQL attendees only and is a one on one offer from the MySQL Speakers.
Email email@example.com for more details.
In addition, the ODTUG has offered a discount code, a saving of $300 on registration at the event. You can find the code here.
Related News/Blog Posts
- Jun 16 - Still room at Kaleidoscope for MySQL attendees
- Jun 16 - MySQL highlighted at Oracle user group conference by O'Reilly Community
- Jun 6 - I’ll have a MySQL shot to go!
- Jun 6 - MySQL track at Kaleidoscope 2010 (June 27 - July 1, Washington DC) by MySQL Newsletter June 2010
- May 27 - Introducing #Oracle #MySQL ACE Director Ronald Bradford to #ODTUG by ODTUG
- May 24 - ODTUG and MySQL by ODTUG
- May 19 - The MySQL Track at Kaleidoscope is set! by Sheeri K Cabral
- May 17 - Finalized speakers list for Kaleidoscope conference
- May 14 - MySQL track at Oracle Development Tools User Group Conference by MySQL Newsletter May 2010
- May 12 - MySQL Track at ODTUG Kaleidoscope by Oracle Ace Lewis Cunningham
- May 11 - MySQL track with free event at Kaleidoscope 2010 by Giuseppe Maxia, Oracle/MySQL Community Manager
- May 10 - ODTUG Announces #MySQL Track at Kaleidoscope by ODTUG
- May 10 - MySQL track at ODTUG conference 2010 by Giuseppe Maxia, Oracle/MySQL Community Manager
- May 5 - MySQL Track at Kaleidoscope by Sheeri K Cabral
- May 3 - The MySQL community impacting the Oracle community
- April 15 - My acceptance with Oracle as ACE Director
- April 13 - Welcome, Oracle ACE Directors for MySQL by OTN Blog
- April 6 - Meet the First Oracle ACE Director in MySQL — Sheeri Cabral by The Pythian Group.
Tweets@bluegecko, @mysql_community SUPER SPECIAL DISCOUNT CODE
Request to MySQL User Groups
This is a request to you as organizer of a MySQL meetup group to please forward this conference announcement to your readers.
Some background information for reference.
- As MySQL is part of Oracle we are looking at ways of providing MySQL community content to a greater audience.
- The Oracle Developer Tools User Group have approached the MySQL community to provide MySQL content, not just for Oracle developers but also for MySQL resources at their upcoming conference
- We have created an entire track for the 4 days of the conference with content that will appeal to MySQL developers
There is more background information including links to news and other posts for reference at http://ronaldbradford.com/ODTUG .
You are welcome to adjust the following message to suit your readers, this is just a guideline for your benefit.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.
MySQL Program Chair
ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2010
Subject: A 4 day MySQL conference on the East Coast
The MySQL community has joined with the ODTUG Kaleidoscope conference in Washington DC to provide a dedicated MySQL track for the 4 days of the conference from June 28 to July 1st.
We will cover many key areas including Replication, InnoDB diagnostics, using meta data, MySQL workbench, integrating memcached, capturing and optimizing SQL for example. With a dozen speakers providing 16 hour long sessions and a 1/2 day Master Class, this is plenty of great content for the intermediate and advanced MySQL developer.
For more information please visit http://www.odtugkaleidoscope.com/MySQL.html to view presentation outlines and program schedule.
As a MySQL attendee you can register for a $300 discount using the code MYSQL.
If you are in the DC area you are welcome to join us for the Monday night Sundown sessions and following reception for FREE. We request that people register at http://ronaldbradford.com/ODTUG/free-event so we have an indication of numbers.